Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day 2011

What a wonderful weekend the Rs had together this weekend!! It's the first weekend since we brought Fiona home that we haven't had any visitors and had no other obligations, which is VERY rare!!  I only had one client on Saturday morning and aside from that, we were free to just spend time together, which is so nice!!

On Saturday afternoon we decided to go to the Waterfront and have dinner at Bravo and then walk around and do some shopping.  We happened to get caught in a torrential downpour but we did not let that dampen our spirits!! ;)  It was quite funny, actually.  It was one of those trips where everything seems to be going wrong.  We got caught in major traffic (thank you construction and Taylor Swift) on the way there (did I mention that the air conditioning is broken in the Jeep?!) and then my husband may or may not have not stopped completely at a stop sign after waiting for a train and a crazy yinzer may or may not have gotten into a screaming match with him over it as we tried to drive peacefully away.  So, basically, the rain was just the perfect ending.  We joked that we had commented while melting in the traffic jam that we both could have used another shower and that the universe must have been listening.  :)

Sunday we just hung out and played with Fiona and vegged with eachother on the couch for most of the day, which we rarely do.  Dave got some nice Play Station time in, and all in all we just enjoyed each other's company.    We did dress Fiona up in a nice little outfit for all of her Grandfather figures to show some love.  You can see that below.  There is also a video of Dave and Fiona having a nice time together.




I would just like to take this time to express my appreciation for all the wonderful Dads in my life, starting with my husband.  I'm so thankful that he's my baby daddy ;)   I'm also quite lucky to have as many Dads as I do, and I appreciate all of you for all of your unique qualities that make you the amazing men that you are.  I love you on Fathers Day and every day.   All my love.  Xoxo.  

1 comment:

  1. love that last pic...that bright blue is a great color on her! :)

    ReplyDelete