Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow.... You're only a day away!!!!

Ok folks, we heard from the doctor this morning that as long as Fiona behaves herself today, she will be released TOMORROW!!!!   We are super duper psyched, and obviously not telling her.  Clearly, she is a baby genius that understands every word we say and if she so much as catches wind of this plan, we are sure that she will work her magic once again and we will just be moving straight in to the back room of the NICU because we refuse to be separated from her any longer. 

I cannot even begin to imagine what life will be like now.  I know that new parents are tired and are woken up multiple times in the middle of the night, blah blah blah.  Get serious.  MY BABY IS GOING TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS ME.  This is the most amazing concept ever imagined, and I swear if they change their mind I'm going black ops and busting her up out of that piece, and don't get in my way.

What I will not miss:
-Scrubbing in and gowning up just to touch my daughter

-The 70 million cords and wires that are constantly attached to Fiona

-The sound of her alarms when she desats or just gets angry.... Yes, she has what we like to call a "temper alarm".... her heart rate immediately shoots up over 200 and her alarm goes off when she gets mad  (I can't imagine where she gets that from....)

-Her isolette

-Someone else feeding my daughter before I arrive, even though I show up for EVERY FEEDING precisely on time

-The thought of her waking up and no one being there to love on her

-The drive to and from UPMC Mercy 10 times a day

-The parking ramp and the most annoying woman EVER that they got to record the message for when you push the button to get your parking ticket. 

What I will miss:

-Some of the nurses in the NICU that were just plain amazing and allowed me to sleep soundly at night knowing that my daughter was receiving the BEST care possible. 

Um yeah.... that's it.  :) 

We're just so grateful that this truly is about to become a reality and that we'll FINALLY get to spend some time together as a family.  We've been waiting for this for a very long time, and it's amazing that it's finally upon us. 

Thanks so much for all of your love and support throughout both past and present difficult times.  It's meant the world to us and we are so blessed to share this with all of you. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment